The fingerweeder was developed for under-vine care in vineyards. Tilling under the vine is still a real challenge for winemakers.
Video of fingerweeder in combination with rotary hoe
Other pictures to the fingerweeder
The fingerweeder is the perfect complement to the rotary hoe. In combination with Bähr Weinbautechnik rotary hoe, two effects are achieved at once. The soil is loosened in the area underneath with the rotary hoe, and then the soil is mixed using the fingerweeder. This counteracts the regrowth of grasses. In addition, the roots of weeds are not covered with fresh soil. The formation of a longitudinal trench is prevented with fingerweeder, and a fine, levelled under-vine area is left behind. The fingerweeder is an ideal complement to the under-vine rotary hoe for soil cultivation in vineyards.
Advantages of using a fingerweeder in combination with a rotary hoe:
– driving speed apx. 6-12 km/h
– continuous angle adjustment and side slope
– used one its own or in combination with rotary hoe
– hydraulic three-point adjustable frame (working width 1.40 to 2.60 m)
– use of both sides possible
– formation of a longitudinal trench prevented by fingerweeder
– fine, levelled under-vine area